Double Paddage

Double Paddage

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I'm back and Index River Boulders!

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've returned to my natural habitat in Seattle, WA and the last several months have been relatively uneventful for me. I'm working at the Stone Gardens climbing gym in Bellevue, WA setting routes there and using my teaching degree part-time to substitute for my old colleagues at Franklin and Garfield high schools. As a result, I haven't been getting out climbing as much as I hoped for. I moved in with my girlfriend, Aubrey Jenkins and we are living in the Central District of Seattle. I got an awesome wood hangboard for Christmas from my brother who lives in London, so I've been trying to train my ass off for the prime winter temps.
Fresh grips from the U.K.
I reached some milestones this last year. Climbed my first two V11's, Ebriosity on the Five-Star Boulder and Chutzpah at the Index River Boulders. Both were really fun boulder problems, but I have to say that Chutzpah is the better line of the two.
Cold but sunny. Prime conditions at the Index River boulders.
Amidst a sea of river polished granite, the few features on Chutzpah have just enough texture to make the line go. With powerful heel-hooking and compression moves down low to a dicey finish, this problem has everything I want. If only it was a little taller :) Here are some shots of the climb taken by Aubrey.
Crux move to undercling pinch.
Tricky toe-hook.

Anyway, here's the vid, with a bonus problem in it. Enjoy! Next stop as soon as it's done seeping, Midnite!!!

1 comment: